Tuesday 8 June 2010

Images of Sefton Park Cricket Club

I took some images of The Shack, as it's known locally, in its 150th anniversary year.

I'm obviously biased, but for me it's one of the most beautiful cricket ground I've ever played at, with only a couple of tower blocks looming above the trees to remind you you're not in the countryside.

Sure it's a bit battered around the edges, but some of the views are spectacular, with the hazy sun filtering through the row of trees that seaparates the two grounds at dusk something rather special.

I didn't capture it at its best on this occasion as there was a junior game on the bottom pitch, and bearded men with cameras are rarely welcome at cricket clubs.

ALso included in the set is some of the 3rd, 4th and 5th teams enjoying a net. If you look closely, you can see Paul Eastham having his off stump knocked back. Tsk

1 comment:

  1. My 9 year old son will be turning out for Bootle under 9's this Sunday and I for one can't think of a more apt surrounding to make ones debut and to be introduced to the game of cricket than the historic Sefton park C.C. I hope that the sun is shinning for us and lets hope that this is the start of a long enjoyable career.

    ReplyDelete

Write something crickety: